Why Choose CMC?
Individual Career Counseling
Corporate Career Counseling
Retaining Valued Employees
CMC Home Page
Map to CMC office
CMC Outplacement Program
Cost reductions, mergers, acquisitions, and shifting corporate goals can necessitate reductions in your work force. There are times when job requirements or individuals change, resulting in mismatched personnel.
One of the most difficult decisions a company has to make relates to employee termination. No one likes to tell an employee that his or her services are no longer needed.
Terminated employees suddenly find themselves without a job, feeling isolated, rejected, and lacking knowledge about their marketable skills. They are unaware of how to effectively market themselves in new environments or areas of interest.
Career Management Consultants has successfully outplaced people, both in individual and group programs, from over 100 different organizations. Through counseling, hundreds of outplaced individuals have been able to find new and satisfying jobs. Since 1979, our success rating of 97% has been upheld. Our advice produces results - quickly and economically.
Benefits to the Employer
- CMC consultants produce successful results. A step-by-step program is established for each candidate, analyzing the person's experience, interests, abilities, previous salary, age, financial needs, emotional reactions, and the realities of today's job market.
- Approximately 80% of candidates find new employment within 60-180 days after beginning counseling.
- Most of the remaining 20% find jobs; their search simply takes longer.
- Most participants find positions with salaries equal to or more than their former positions.
Benefits for the Employee
- Reduce termination costs
- Avoid adverse publicity - both externally and internally
- Remain competitive
- Help avoid termination litigation
- Overcome reluctance to terminate unproductive, mismatched or surplus employees
Click here for Guidelines for Choosing an Outplacement Firm
- Provide severance with dignity
- Facilitate personalized job search training
- Improve confidence through greater awareness of marketable skills, constructive assertiveness, and results
"I had gone through outplacement once before. It had been a threatening and uneasy process. This was not the case working with CMC. They provide a safe environment, nurturing personalities, and a simple surrounding which made me feel safe. They earned my trust and didn't make me feel as though I was going through a process."
Human Resources Administrator
For more information, or to find out how
Career Management Consultants can help your company,
please call us at (508) 756-9998 or email us at
Copyright © 2004 Career Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Web Design by Consultants and Trainers Guild